- Real Estate Acquisitions & Sales
- Real Estate Financing
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Development
- Partnership Transactions & General Corporate Counseling
- Employment Law
Howard applies his almost 40 years of experience in three interrelated areas at the Firm: real estate, corporate law and employment law.
Howard is Co-Chair of the Commercial and Residential Real Estate Group at the Firm. He has over thirty-five years of experience in commercial real estate matters and assists owners, developers, landlords and tenants with the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of office, retail, multi-family and industrial properties. He also has extensive experience in assisting buyers and sellers with the issues confronted in the purchase and sale of residential properties.
Howard’s corporate practice includes advising and assisting small to mid-sized companies in their entrepreneurial endeavors. In this area, he concentrates on company/LLC formations, shareholder and LLC operating agreements, buy/sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, very often providing the services that would otherwise be provided by a company’s general counsel.
Howard’s employment law practice includes drafting, review and negotiation of employment agreements, incentive compensation arrangements and severance entitlements.
Howard attended the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received a B.S. in Economics in 1977. Howard then attended the University of Miami where he received his J.D. in 1980. Howard was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1980, the Connecticut Bar in 1982 and the New York Bar in 1989. Howard practiced in Miami, Florida (1980-1982) and New Haven, Connecticut (1982-1995) before joining Berkowitz & Balbirer, the predecessor to Berkowitz, Trager & Trager, in 1995.
- University of Miami, J.D., 1980
- Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, B.S (Economics), 1977
- State of Connecticut
- State of Florida
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Representation of the purchaser of a bank portfolio of mixed use properties including over 300,000 square feet.
- Representation of the seller of an office complex containing in excess of 200,000 square feet.
- Representation of the landlord in connection with the leasing to a single tenant of over 150,000 square feet of space in a Class A office building.
- Representation of the seller in connection with the sale of the assets of a technology business to a publicly traded company.
- Representation of a senior executive of a multi-national company in connection with the negotiation of his employment agreement
- Representation of a senior executive of a Fortune 100 company in connection with the negotiation of his separation agreement.
- Representation of merchant bank card acquirer in the acquisition of 15,000+ merchant portfolio and related sales engine.
- Representation of merchant bank card acquirer in formation of a joint venture with sales engine.