- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Capital Markets & Private Placements
- Partnership Transactions & General Corporate Counseling
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Bank Regulatory
Nir E. Gozal is a corporate and banking attorney and a Member of the Firm. His practice focuses on advising banks and other financial institutions on corporate and transactional matters, as well as regulatory compliance and matters involving federal and state regulatory agencies. Nir has unique expertise in BSA/AML/OFAC and consumer compliance, and has represented financial institutions, their boards of directors, and executive officers in challenging conclusions in reports of examination and contesting enforcement actions. In addition, he provides ongoing counsel to bank boards of directors, executives, and compliance officers.
Nir also represents public and private companies from a broad industry cross-section in a variety of general corporate and contractual matters, including corporate formation and governance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and other corporate transactional matters. He also has experience with private securities offerings and compliance, and representing investment advisors, investment vehicles, and individual investors in meeting their regulatory compliance obligations.
Prior to joining the firm, Nir was a partner in the White Plains office of Hinman, Howard & Kattell, LLP, after spending approximately four years as an associate attorney in the Corporate, Investment Management, and Financial Institutions groups of Pryor Cashman LLP’s New York City office. Previously, Nir worked in compliance at Bank Leumi USA, the U.S. affiliate of one of Israel’s largest banking groups, and as a consultant with NuVerse Advisors LLC, a New York-based registered investment adviser.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2011
- The College of William & Mary, B.A., 2008
- State of New York
- State of Connecticut
- Westchester County Bankers Association, Counsel and Member of the Board of Governors
- New York League of Independent Bankers (Former Executive Director)