- Corporate Transaction Structuring
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Partnership Transactions & General Corporate Counseling
- Private Funds, Sponsors & Family Offices
..Paul practices in the areas of domestic and foreign business taxation, mergers & acquisitions, venture capital financing, private equity investments, copyrights and general corporate counseling. He represents a diverse group of corporations, start-up ventures, entrepreneurs, investors and high net-worth individuals in acquisitions, joint ventures, capital formation transactions and business and tax matters. His client base consists of numerous middle market technology, internet and emerging growth companies, including software and green energy companies. His practice also includes representation of retiring owners and management in connection business divorce, split-ups and divestitures. Mr. Berg is also consistently recommended by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America list, as published in New York Magazine.
Paul was born in New Haven, Connecticut and attended Beloit College (B.A. – 1972) and the University of Connecticut (J.D. with high honors – 1977) where he was a member of the Connecticut Law Review. He is a member of the Greater Bridgeport Connecticut Bar Association (Chairman – Committee on Arts and the Law, 1985, 1986; Member – Sections on Antitrust and Taxation) and the American Bar Association (Member – Sections on Taxation and Entertainment).
University of Connecticut, J.D., 1977 (with high honors)
Beloit College, B.A., 1972
State of Connecticut
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Acted as outside tax counsel to large cross-border industrial operation to determine optimum business structure for tax efficiencies.
- Representation of large private hedge fund in connection with a business divorce.
- Representation of numerous clients in connection with employment arrangements with senior level executives in some instances as company counsel and in others as counsel to the executive.
- Representation of closely held green energy company in a sale of assets to a public company for approximately $22 million.
- Representation of software entertainment publisher in numerous development and licensing transactions.
- Representation of US magazine publisher of in electronic publishing venture with foreign investors.
- Representation of major magazine publisher in connection with the establishment of an on-line community and social network.
- Representation of a start-up software venture in connection with a Series A venture capital investment.
- Representation of an early stage technology company in connection with a Series B venture capital investment.
- Acted as U.S. counsel to a publicly traded foreign company in connection with a US based recycling joint venture with a major US beverage company.
- Representation of film studio in connection with rights acquisition and capital funding for Connecticut based theatrical film project.